BROOKSarchitecture is an Amarillo based professional firm engaged in providing architectural, interior design and graphic design services throughout the northwest Texas region. The firm has been recognized as a leader in the field of architecture for 72 years and the office has been in continuous service, with a few changes, since its inception shortly after World War II.
Founded by the late John L. Hannon in 1946, the firm has continued to carry on his legacy of high professional standards, integrity, and intense pride in quality, design and detailed plans and specifications.
During the past 72 years, the firm has undertaken a series of metamorphic changes in order to meet its expanding client needs and the changes of time and technology. J. Ray Daniel began his association with John Hannon in 1955 and was a partner for 33 years until his retirement in 1997. In 1964, Donald E. Dickerson joined the firm and was a partner for 24 years until his death in 1994. R. Stephen Brooks joined the firm in 1977 after his graduation, became an associate in 1990, and a partner in 1994. In 1990, both Glenn Oldham and Garrett Pendergraft joined the firm as staff architects. Glenn became a partner in 1997 with the retirement of Mr. Daniel, while Garrett was promoted to an associate. In late 2001, Garrett became a full partner. Both Mr. Oldham and Mr. Pendergraft resigned suddenly as partners in the fall of 2003, leaving R. Stephen Brooks as the sole proprietor of HD&D and to continue the legacy of quality and integrity started many years ago. After the last founding partner passed away in the spring of 2011, the name was changed to BROOKSarchitecture.